View Mobile Version

Comments and Conversations

Most Recent Comments

Re: Los Angeles Dodgers versus Cincinnati Reds - September 29, 1965 - Regular Season Lineup and other Game Information

Koufax pitched a two hit shut out over the Cincinatti Reds taking them 5-0 with Maury Wills getting the key hit, a three run triple.

— Josh Pierce, 04/09/2014 at 11:15 PM

Reply to this comment / View Game / ►

Re: Miami Marlins versus Detroit Tigers - September 29, 2013 - Regular Season Lineup and other Game Information

Henderson Alvarez pitches 9 no-hit innings for the Marlins against the visiting Tigers, but the game isn't over since it is a scoreless tie. In the bottom of the ninth the Marlins score a run on a bases-loaded wild pitch, and Alvarez gets his no hitter while standing in the on-deck circle!

— Dave Klement, 04/08/2014 at 11:01 PM

Reply to this comment / View Game / ►

Re: Los Angeles Dodgers versus St. Louis Cardinals - September 30, 1962 - Regular Season Lineup and other Game Information

I'm just looking at the lineups; what great players. I was at the game & sat above 3rd base. Padres pitched a great game-I think it was on his birthday. I recall listening to the post-game show. Oliver said he wished the Dodgers had won the pennant. It was so ironic and seemed to
I'm just looking at the lineups; what great players. I was at the game & sat above 3rd base. I recall the post-game show on KFI when Oliver said he wished the Dodgers had won the pennant. It was so ironic and made the bitterness worse.

— curtis martin, 04/01/2014 at 8:59 PM

Reply to this comment / View Game / ►

Re: Seattle Mariners versus Chicago White Sox - June 5, 2013 - Regular Season Lineup and other Game Information

Nobody scores for the first 13 innings. Then the White Sox score 5 in the top of the 14th, and the Mariners come back with 5 in the bottom of the 14th!

— Dave Klement, 04/01/2014 at 1:12 PM

Reply to this comment / View Game / ►

Re: Tampa Bay Rays versus San Diego Padres - May 10, 2013 - Regular Season Lineup and other Game Information

In the 3rd inning Alex Cobb strikes out 4, but still allows a run after the first strikeout reaches first base, and then SB, SB, and balk.

— Dave Klement, 04/01/2014 at 1:05 PM

Reply to this comment / View Game / ►

Re: Minnesota Twins versus New York Yankees - July 7, 1984 - Regular Season Lineup and other Game Information

I would love the video from that game. Any luck?? My husband and I were filmed continuously throughout the game. Thank you!!!

— Antonietta, 03/23/2014 at 6:06 PM

Reply to this comment / View Game / ►

Re: Cleveland Indians versus Minnesota Twins - August 25, 1967 - Regular Season Lineup and other Game Information

i am sorry you found it boring.i wasn't there that night but for me it will always exciting as dean chance who pitched the no hit game is my high school team mate and very good friend.so there is a personal connection for me

— jim martin, 03/21/2014 at 10:02 PM

Reply to this comment / View Game / ►

Re: Chicago Cubs versus Philadelphia Phillies - July 23, 1962 - Regular Season Lineup and other Game Information

I was 1 of the less than 6900 in attendance. Safe and sound in mother's womb at the time but I remember trying to poke my little (actually large for my body size) head out for a quick peek of the action.

— Horace Femm, 03/21/2014 at 3:00 AM

Reply to this comment / View Game / ►

Re: Atlanta Braves versus Los Angeles Dodgers - April 8, 1974 - Regular Season Lineup and other Game Information

We agree that coaches would be nice addition. Unfortunately, however, coaches are not listed in the Retrosheet data upon which we rely to get our basic info.

— Kenneth Revis, 03/17/2014 at 11:23 AM

Reply to this comment / View Game / ►

Re: St. Louis Cardinals versus Chicago Cubs - June 28, 1951 - Regular Season Lineup and other Game Information

This, believe it or not, was the very first baseball game I listened to on the radio. Harry Carey was the Cardinals announcer and he kept moaning about how Hiller is not that good. 1 hit and 1 walk with both base runners erased in double plays. Carey's moaning in this game made me a life-long Cubs fan. Later I got Ernie Banks autograph at a game in 1967 and later made a point of eating at Carey's restaurant in Chicago but he had passed away by then.

— Dallas Gard, 03/16/2014 at 2:24 AM

Reply to this comment / View Game / ►

Recent Conversations

Los Angeles Dodgers versus St. Louis Cardinals - September 30, 1962

I was sitting in the blue section up high and way down the left field line. In the 8th, Gene Oliver hit what looked like a lazy fly ball right down the left field line. It looked deep, but I thought the field would hold it. Tommy Davis disappeared from view and I was unable to see if he caught it or if it was fair or foul, but from the sound of the crowd, I knew it had cleared the fence. I turned to my best friend Glenn Mauer and said, "I think we're in trouble, I don't think we can beat the Giants in a playoff." I then went to the concession stand and bought a 'Crying Towel', the last one I've ever seen for sale. It had all the 62 Dodger players names on it, and there was a wooden dowel across the top and a braded golden rope to hang it from. It disappeared in one of the moves my mother made when I was in Viet Nam. For the last 10, I've been looking to replace it. I had just turned 15 years-old five days before the game. Glenn's parents had taken me to the game for my birthday.

• • •

1 response. Join this conversation ►

Cleveland Indians versus Minnesota Twins - August 25, 1967

I saw this game with one of my best friends and grandfather. I remember little about how the game went, after all that was 45 years ago, but do recall that it was extremely boring as no-hitters can be! I've been to very few MLB games and this was one, imagine that, I saw a no-hitter.

• • •

1 response. Join this conversation ►

Atlanta Braves versus Los Angeles Dodgers - April 8, 1974

What about the coaches on 1st and 3rd bases on that historic day? ( or any other day of the season) They were to ones actively coaching the game... the games did not pause to check with the manager in the dugout.... then conclude the play.
And they got ripped if they screwed up.
Seems like an oversight NOT to list them to me.
Thanks ...DBW

• • •

1 response. Join this conversation ►

New York Yankees versus Kansas City Athletics - September 20, 1964

My first ever baseball game!

I was 7 years old and to this day can recall the emotions of seeing the field as I arrived at my seat through the tunnel!

• • •

I experienced the same exact excitement ,just 2 years earlier
and one year older. Coming up from the dark corridor and then seeing that field is burned in my memory.I to this day
haven't seen colors as bright as that day!Red clay infield
and the color of the KC uniforms yellow and green.Thanks for the memory Bob !

1 response. Join this conversation ►

Philadelphia Phillies versus Brooklyn Dodgers - June 2, 1957

I have the ball that Farrell hit out of the park in the bottom of the 8th.

• • •

This is the first baseball game I ever attended. I was a little kid, but always remebered that the Phils played the Dodgers that day and the score was 5 -3. I just went on line to see what I could find. Pretty cool!

1 response. Join this conversation ►

Start a New Conversation

will not be visible to others

Formatting - You can use these html tags:
<b>bold text</b>, <i>italic text</i>

See our new app available in both iPhone and Android. Simply enter backtobaseball in search box on your mobile device